3/3/14

A fresh start

I know it has been a good long while since I last posted and I could spit out every good excuse in the book but, I wont.
I want to turn over a new leaf and start blogging consistently. Katie (baby Belle. For any new readers, her middle name is Annabelle a.k.a where Belle comes from)is going to be 16 months old this Wednesday and I just feel the importance of documenting this journey. No joke, everyday she is waking up doing or saying new things. I want to catch it all.
I have a plan for this blogging journey that is just a structure block to help me get adjusted.  
Monday: Weekend Recap.
Wednesday: Devotionals(whats new with me and God. How can I pray for you?)
Friday: Funny Friday! 
Fingers crossed that I will stick to this.
I feel empowered and ready to open this new chapter. I hope you will join me and enjoy the ride.
Welcome to this life of mine. =)

Weekend Recap
Friday night was quite the surprise because Troy and I were able to go on a date! That's right folks, a date. =)
Grandma Kathy watched Katie while we went to C.B & Potts for dinner. I highly recommend going if you've never been. It was delicious and considering I'm married to a P.E. teacher, I liked the fact that different sports were on all the large flat screens.
We came home around 8:30pm and Katie was more then happy to have us back.
We put her down for bed and popped in the movie Captain Phillips.

Beyond good ladies and gentlemen.
Saturday morning it was snowing once again here in CO (per the norm) and it was freezing cold. My sweet hubby went and got us some yummy Starbucks. Call me crazy because even on a ice cold Colorado day I want to enjoy an ice cold caramel Frapp with extra caramel in the cup and on top thank you very much. ;)
And that's exactly what I did. Proudly.
Troy is also the Athletic Director at his school so he has to attend A LOT of social events and games outside of normal school hours.
His Saturdays have been booked most of January-now, and we are missing him tons.
So, we spent Saturday as a mommy daughter day and hung out inside. A warm bath, a movie or two and some food. That's our motto.
Sunday we went to Church and heard an awesome sermon from a guest speaker, Bishop of the IPHC, Larry H.
His talk was on the Holy Spirit and how our Church's need more of Him! I couldn't agree more. It was a great talk but, more of that on Wednesday.
We grabbed a quick lunch with some friends and I took Katie home for a nap finally around 1 o'clock.
Later that night Troy whipped us up some homemade pizza (Which BTW he is the King of) and we watched the Oscars.
Time to start this week off right!
Hurray! I actually posted something.
=)
This fresh start feels good.

No comments:

Post a Comment