3/12/14

learning not to worry

As a mom I find myself worrying a lot more than I used to, and I'm sure you other mama's out there can relate. I never want my child to deal with heartbreak, physical pain, emotional trials or anything else. I want her to be happy all her days. Now, if I am being realistic I know that will never happen. I know that in this world I have experienced difficulties and Katie will too. All I can do is be the best mommy she needs and pray every single day that I can somehow meet those demands.
Being a good mommy to her is very important to me.
Jesus 
is revealing to me more and more that I don't need to spend my time stressing over what may be or what could be and instead focus on the now, what is and what I can do in the future. Any worries or stress I find piling up on me, He is more then willing to take. He already offered. 
Matthew 11:28-30
He promised to give us rest.
I find peace in that because I know how stressed I can become when I start to think about the future and not daydream. Life can be rough and tough sometimes but it can be absolutely beautiful too. From one mom to another, when you find yourself worrying about tomorrow stop and pray. Pray to have clarity of thought, be diligent in your plan making and patience to deal with what's ahead and then give the rest to Him.
And He will give us rest in return.

best snuggles ever
Update
I am still being pruned daily but I can say proudly that I am not having as many selfish, rude thoughts as I had been in the past. Jesus is teaching me more every day on how to be grateful and kind hearted. It excites me because I know I can help teach these things to Katie better when He is teaching me. =)
If you missed my last post about what was new between God and I read about it here.

Prayer
Once again, How can I pray for you this week?
Comment or feel free to email me.



High five, we've made it to Wednesday! 

3 comments:

  1. Found you through A+ Life. So glad I read this post! I am feeling exhausted and have a little one who isn't feeling so great so this was very needed today. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I hope you stick around. =)

      I'm so glad this post was comforting.

      It can be so tough when our babes are sick. Praying strength for you and a quick recovery for your sweet babe.

      Delete