3/17/14

Weekend Recap: Please don't take my sunshine away ;)

You know that song "You are my sunshine my only sunshine,  you make me happy when skies are grey..." Well funny thing,  my mom used to sing that to me as a little girl 24/7 and I loved it. Well Katie hates it. Haha. 
She seriously starts to fuss anytime I start to belt out those words. I wonder why.
Anyways we are singing it today because I really don't want this spring time sunshine to disappear.
Our weekend went a little something like this,

I took Katie to the Ice skating rink to watch the cool hockey players skate around and play but to our dismay no one was really around that afternoon. So, I took her to the lake instead. I think she enjoyed it.




Friday night Troy took Katie on a Daddy Daughter date. This was so perfect for them since Troy has been gone on the weekends so much these past few months. They hit up a soccer store to grab Katie her very 1st soccer ball! I think she's in love.  & then they kicked it around a park for a good hour. Alas, they headed back home to bring mommy some dinner and call it a night. Those two melt my heart.

This girl seriously loves her daddy. So future knights in shining armor, watch out. lol
Saturday morning we jump started the day with a good old fashioned pancake, bacon and eggs breakfast. Yummy in our tummy's y'all.  After a quick nap for the babe we set off to enjoy some lunch and run around the Mall where we ended up buying nothing but having a good time just window shopping. It was nice to be out of the house.

Sunday was so stinkin fun!
After church and nap time (btw, during nap time Troy totally went and got us some Starbucks which was delicious!)
we headed to the park in the brand new Smart Trike that Troys sister bought for Katie. Oh my, this child had so much fun it was crazy. I'm sure she will insist on biking everywhere now.
We were headed for some fun in the sun. & while I wish that was on a beach somewhere, San Diego, a park in Colorado will have to do instead. ;)



See that super cute "yawkie" ball coming with us?



You have to give the man some credit because I totally just grabbed him and snapped the picture.
ninja wife style.



look at how her hair is flicking over her forehead. lol
bed hair don't care.


Happy St. Patricks Day!




No comments:

Post a Comment