3/10/14

Weekend Recap: Sweet freedom!

This weekend started off pretty crazy. Friday night in and of itself was a disaster, anything and everything was unorganized and chaotic. It was a late night and just didn't go according to plan. So, we wont even open that can of worms, but one thing I will say about Friday night happened around 2am. So, while some of you may call us crazy we indeed still co sleep with out 16month old! Ahhhh! We're nuttso! Got it, moving on. Anyways, it was around 2am and Troy woke me up by saying "Megan, Megan, what is she doing?" my eyes pop open to find Katie just sitting straight up in the middle of the bed. I didn't know if anything wrong was really happening so I just grabbed her and laid back down. She was completely out. Like fully asleep and had been this entire time. Troy proceeded to tell me that she was crawling over his back and that he only woke up because he finally realized Katie was up to something, and it was not normal. So, all that that to say, if Troy hadn't have woken up we could have possibly woken up to a crying baby just laying on the floor. She could have been perfectly fine or she could have been hurt. Either way I wouldn't have been to thrilled and I doubt she would be either.  Now we venture into how to get Katie to start sleeping in a crib or make some way that she cant escape our bed. Plus lots of other things factor into this but, that's for another post. On toward Saturday!

Saturday
My Sister-in-law and her family came up for a weekend visit to run some errands and let cousins be cousins! My niece is 6 years old so she is all about helping with the "baby" and being the biggest cousin around. Katie had a blast playing with Lily and we were able to gather everyone excluding daddy to go out for a Target run. I was dying to get Katie some new shirts for Spring and they had the cutest ones on sale. I had to snatch em up!  After an hour of letting the girls run around the store Katie and I headed back home to put her down for a nap. After she woke up we spent a few minutes at the park only for the sky to grow dark and the sunshine to disappear.  We hit up a local BBQ spot for dinner with the grandparents and then plowed into bed around 10! 
You  may be wondering where dad was this whole time right?  Well,that's where the title sweet freedom comes in play. Troy was gone doing work all day Saturday until 9pm. I am so thrilled to say it will be the last Saturday in awhile that he had to be gone. I was starting to miss him so much on the weekends and Katie Belle was too. She is so fond of her
 "dat-ee". =)

(Losing an hour of sleep, really?)
Sunday
Church went great and Katie did an excellent job.  Lily came to help out in the nursery and to play with Katie. I think Troy and I had more fun with all the toys and gadgets then the kids did. ;) true parents huh. 
A  family friends mother had her 91st! Surprise birthday party at CB & Potts and we slammed some food and played pool and shuffleboard to celebrate. It was a grand time and Katie had lots of little friends to play with.  
(Cousin Lily went home.) Later we strolled on over to this huge park that is pretty close by and let Katie run free with a soccer ball.  Troy has started coaching again this season so Katie is getting a good taste of what "yawkie" is like. Ok side note, she calls socks "yawkies" because I have been calling them sockies. So you know, Soccer would make sense to be "yawkie" no? Look at how much fun she had.







How was your weekend?



No comments:

Post a Comment