3/5/14

The bearing of fruit and pruning of branches

John 15:2
He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit,
while every branch that does bear fruit He prunes so that it will be even more fruitful.


Pruning of Branches...
During these last two weeks I have felt God nudging my heart.
Picking and pruning and leaving me with some serious thoughts to ponder.
If I am being honest, lately I find myself falling into this funk of an attitude. It's not that I'm being mean, rude, obnoxious or anything else... out loud anyways.
That's right, more times then not these rude comments are in my head.
Now, these thoughts are nothing to the extreme but...they are extreme to God and I know they are not of me, nor who I am in Christ.
Silly thoughts like "why do I have to..." or "maybe if you'd just..."
Selfishness...
I know.
God has been showing me though that when these thoughts are merely in my head they are soon to creep into my heart and spirit, they may even start slipping off my tongue.
I don't want any of that.
& that is where bearing fruit comes into play.


Bearing Fruit

Thank you Jesus! That you are always with us and working on us to help us grow.
I mean are we blessed or what?
This past Sunday at Church I was graced with being able to hear my Bishop of the IPHC, which my Church falls under, give a sermon about the

 Holy Spirit.
He asked the congregation a question that rocked my socks off.
"Who is the most important person in the world?" he asked us.
He explained how some people he asked on other occasions would say George Clooney, or Jesus! You're in Church, Jesus is always the right answer right?
Nope.
NOT Jesus folks..
Dun.Dun.Dun.
Want to know why?
Answer: Jesus is no longer on the earth!
He left us the Holy Spirit to guide and be with us until His return.
How stinking cool is that.

I am so thankful for the Holy Spirit and how he be a gentle whisper to our spirit and say "Hey,I love you. Check your heart, be calm in my presence and I will guide you." Just like the verse Psalms 46:10.
Amen to that.
I feel those branches falling off and while day to day it can be hard in certain situations to stay calm,cool and collected I know I can because of Him who gives me strength.
Pruning can be hard but I want to bear fruit for Him and His glory so it is well worth it. When I find myself being tempted to think or say something in my thoughts that I know is wrong I stop and Pray. It has been helping me a lot more than trying to take a deep breath and count to 10. One thing that is super cool about God, He knows when I am going to come to him frustrated at someone or something and he already has the extra grace I need. I just need to be ready to receive it.
He never fails us.
I will keep you updated on this pruning job.
I should be sprouting new branches every day.
=)

Prayer

Something I desperately want to offer my readers is someone to pray for them so, please leave a comment or email me with what I can be praying for this week.
Email info is in my bio.




Happy Hump Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment