4/9/14

When's the last time you...

Shared the Gospel?
Is that question 
too personal? I really don't mean it to be but, it is an important one to ask.
And trust me, I am asking myself. A lot.
In my last post I talked about being at my grandmothers house for a birthday party. My great grandmother who is 92! lives there as well.  Backtracking to a few weeks ago, I remember thinking "I wonder if my great grandma knows about Jesus." I must have forgotten about that thought, totally the Holy Spirit speaking to me, and I moved on with my day. Well, Saturday night before I fell asleep I found myself thinking again, "Does great grandma know about Jesus?" I didn't know but I knew I should find out. So fast forwarding to 5pm on Sunday I was saying goodbye to my GG.
I was standing there feeling the Holy Spirit telling me to talk to her about Him. And guess what guys... I froze. It seemed like once I wanted to talk to her alone everyone in that house was crowding around us. And before I knew it I found myself walking out the door and driving down the road.
Later that night I was talking to Troy about it and he said he knew I wanted to talk to her about Jesus. Say wha?
Yep,  he told me he could tell by how I was looking at her, that my face  said " I'm not sure when or if I will be seeing you again." I continued to tell him about the calling I felt God putting on my heart and how yet again, today I did nothing. He encouraged me to call her the next morning. Well, I finally was able to on Tuesday and 100% glory to God He gave me the strength to talk to her. Once again I could feel his presence in the situation. My grandmother called me at 12pm to talk to me about the numerous things we left at their house. I knew this was my opportunity. So, I told her to put my GG on the phone.
My GG is starting to struggle with Alzheimer's and Dementia. While this is extremely sad, Troy reassured me that during the time I was talking to her about Jesus, God would allow her mind to be clear and process what I was saying.
I said "Do you know who Jesus is?"
and...
She said "Oh yes, and I hope he knows me too."
Guys I was so happy to hear those words come from the mouth of my great grandmother who is 92 years of age!
We talked about heaven for a moment and then she started encouraging me and thanking me for asking her.
I was so blessed by the conversation.

You know, as a christian the most important thing we can do is tell people about Jesus.
It really is dealing with Life or Death.
Eternal Life and Death.


So, If any one stumbles across my blog and wonders what is this whole Christianity thing,
allow me to have the honor of explaining.

It is a relationship with Jesus.
& this is why.


God created us to be with him.
As one. hand in hand.
But,  sadly we sinned. humankind sinned.
That seperated us from the perfect God.
That sin, cannot be removed by good deeds.
We can't work our way back to Him.
God knew this.
So he sent his Son Jesus Christ.
& Jesus payed the eternal price for our sins by dying on the cross for us.
Jesus rose from the grave 3 days later.

He is alive today and seated on His throne in heaven.
He offers us eternal life.
Eternal life means being in heaven with God forever and ever.
Life that is eternal because we are eternal beings.
& if you except that Jesus died for you and ask him to come into your heart and be your savior and forgive you for your sins.
He will.
& it is done.
=)


I encourage you to not stop there, but to continue to live your life for him.
Spend time in prayer.
All prayer is, is communication with God.
& Go out, buy a bible or find one somewhere and read.
The bible is the word of God that he has given to us.


If you have any questions about Christianity or
Any awesome praise reports about a time God used you to tell someone about him,
message me or leave a comment below.

Have a beautiful Wednesday.
We are enjoying weather in the 70's over here!






No comments:

Post a Comment