4/7/15

Bump date: Week 30

I am so excited to be 30 weeks pregnant! It is so awesome but sort of freaky to begin the 10 week countdown. Knowing Ella is right around the corner is both amazing but surreal. I was able to have my appointment early this week instead of waiting until the 9th. It was honestly the best appointment I think I've had this entire pregnancy. I love my OB office and the staff there, but I especially like the midwife I saw this week.  I think I might do a post at some point about my labor and delivery experience with Katie, but it will take some time to write. I was able to talk with this midwife about some concerns I had and she gently put them to rest. I was greatly surprised and beaming with joy at the end of this appointment. I am looking forward to continuing this journey until Ella arrives, and after with this midwife group. I was also stoked to find out that I passed the glucose test with flying colors and seem as healthy as can be, even with all the Easter candy that was consumed over the last week, and weeks to come. ;)
Now let's jump into this update. I will be adding a picture of my baby bump for the last 10 weeks or however long she chooses to stick around. I have pictures of my ever growing bump since I found out we were expecting our 2nd child at 4 weeks gestation! But, I only plan to share the last few.
Enjoy.

How far along: 30 weeks! Now we start the 10 week countdown!!! I am beyond excited... and slightly nervous in all honesty.

Due date: June 16th 

How big is baby: 16 inches & 3 pounds. 


Belly button: Out :)

Total weight gain: 17 pounds so far. That number is awesome & the doctors are proud.

Sleep: Sleep has been borderline ok this last week. Heartburn is either keeping me awake or waking me up in the middle hours of the night. I'm hoping for a better sleep record this week but only time will tell.


Maternity clothes: Nothing has changed this week as far as clothing goes. Although I was
 day dreaming about some cute maternity tank-tops not too long ago.

Movement: Constant & strong. This past weekend quite a few of my family members got to join in on the fun and feel her move around and play. It was a special time.

Cravings: Gatorade has tasted amazing ever since it became all that I could drink for nearly a week, so I keep that in the fridge. I need to restock my freezer with cherry Popsicles and then all things cold should be accounted for. I have also been loving Nutella toast and a cold glass of milk. ;)

Symptoms/Labor signs: Besides the usual killer back pain, heartburn, leg cramps, and shortness of breath, I don't believe anything is new this week. Still no labor signs which is currently a good thing.

Gender: Girl

Best moment this week: Starting the 10 week countdown! That is unless I go over the magical 40 weeks. I really hope Ella decides to come on time or just a tad bit early. I know she will stay put as long as she needs, and I am thankful for having her cozy in my tum-tum. Katie was almost a week late so who knows what Ella will do. My guess though is for her to arrive on her due date, or very close to it.

Looking forward to: Starting appointments every 2 weeks until I'm 36 weeks and then I start going every week until Ella arrives. :)

Ella Alana at 30 weeks gestation.





No comments:

Post a Comment