7/3/15

Ella Alana's Birth Story

I am so overjoyed to announce the arrival of Pamella Alana Boyer.
She is such a sweet heart and smells like heavenly bliss. Needless to say, we are head over heels and feeling awesome as a new family of four.

Fathers day was Sunday June 21st and it started off like any other Sunday in our house. Troy woke up early to head off for worship practice at our church and Katie and I slept until 9 that morning. I chose to wear the same dress I wore to my baby shower for Katie and noticed that it has tons of purple in it. Looking back this makes me smile because I always like the color purple for Ella. Right before Katie and I left for church I decided to snap a picture of my baby bump knowing full well it could be my last one considering I was 40 weeks and 5 days prego. After church was over we headed up to my grandfathers house at 1:30pm for a special family BBQ. I was incredibly excited to partake in the grilled hot dogs and freshly made potato salad, my grandmothers perfect recipe,  pure goodness I tell ya. Anyways, as we made our way there I told Troy that my stomach was feeling tight but that I truly didn't think much of it at the time. Around 2pm that "tightening" feeling began to intensify so using an app on my phone I started timing them. These contractions were coming every 3-5 minutes consistently and lasting anywhere between 20seconds to a minute long. I ate my lunch and made jokes about actually being in labor, praying that my body was truly beginning that journey. Soon it was 5:30pm and Troy and I decided it would be best to leave and go home for some last minute things and rest if baby Ella was soon to be on her way. Once we were home I dialed the midwife and told her my symptoms at the time. She thought it would be best if I came down and walked the hospital grounds and see if the contractions intensified. If they did I could just walk on up to labor & delivery and be checked in. On that note, Troy, Myself and Katie packed back into the hot car and drove over to my in laws to pick up Troys mom. She was who we had planned to help us take care of Katie while Ella was born. Once we all headed down to the hospital some major stress struck our car almost like a lightning bolt.
Katie was screaming her head off and I couldn't show an ounce of emotion otherwise
she would cry even more and tell me to just be happy. I felt miserable. I was so stressed out thinking that all of the craziness would cause my contractions to cease. A seriously aggravating thought when you're nearly a week past your due date. I admit to having a pretty sour attitude once we arrived at the hospital and wanting to walk alone and leave the rest of my gang to fend for themselves, silly hormones. ;)
After walking around and a few minutes spend praying and crying (or balling my eyes out.lol) in the car, I felt ready to go to labor & delivery and have my cervix checked, just for the fun of it.
Yeah right
We kissed Katie goodbye and Troy and I headed upstairs. Troy thinks its pretty humorous how I so calmly walked up to door, rang the bell and said "Yeah I think I'm in labor" and wam-bam-thank-ya-mam I had my baby a few hours later. It was now around 8:45 and I found out I was 3 and a half centimeters dilated and 80% effaced. They decided to have me walk the hallways or use the tub for a couple of hours until they would recheck me to see if any progress was made. Sure enough when they checked me again at 11pm I was 4cm and still 80% effaced, not a huge difference but enough that they decided to admit me as a patient.
Before I continue the L&D story let me just include how blessed I was to have the staff that was on that night help deliver my baby. They were seriously angles and Troy and I couldn't have asked for a better team.
So after we walked the halls and got admitted I decided the most comfortable position for me to face these contractions was lying down. I could not handle the more intense pain that came while I was trying to stand through them. While the contractions continued to intensify and become far to frequent for almost any relief, I was so glad my Midwife stayed by my side the entire time. She was so great at soothing me, talking to me, helping me breath through the pain and still remained such a solid coach through it all. Jesse, my nurse also stayed with me most of the time and was like a close friend, we truly appreciated her.  Soon enough the lovely anesthesiologist came around to my room and gave me a much wanted and appreciated epidural and hallelujah it was fantastic lol. After that we just relaxed and waited for the big moment of finding out it was time to push.  I could still feel the pressure from the contractions but the endless pain was at ease and for that I was grateful.  Around 5am they checked me again and I was at a 10 and it was time for this baby to make her way out. Call me off the wall or crazy (because I always told myself I wouldn't do this) but I chose to watch myself deliver her with a mirror & even touch her head as she was crowning. Yeah, kinda weird but one of the coolest experiences I hold in my heart. I also feel like watching helped me push through the contractions and focus and understand the process better. Surprisingly compared to my labor with Katie I only pushed for a solid 15 minutes and Ella was here. With all surprises to me I didn't even tear, and if you've ever had a baby and had to have an episiotomy (I did with Katie) or have torn you know how glorious it would be to avoid that drama. Troy and I had the privilege of being able to grab Ella once her head and arms were out and pull her up onto my chest. It was a beautiful moment to say the least. Finally my little and long awaited Pamella Alana was in my arms in all her beauty. Tears flowed and I was overcome with joy and fascination. She was born on June 22nd 2015 at 5:57am weighing in at 8(holy cow) pounds and 8oz and 20 and a half inches long. My biggest baby yet y'all. My aunt Sherri and father were in the room for my labor and delivery and it just made the moment even more special and unique. Ella is named after their mother, my grandmother and the girls Gigi, Pamela Lesley who passed away in July 2014. We miss you greatly grandma and I hope you know I could feel you with me every step of the way.

Some major stuff went down with me and my health almost immediately after I delivered Ella and I will explain all of that in an upcoming post. Until then I will count my blessings and hold on tightly to three of them. My loving and ever supporting husband and our two beautiful daughters.
Katie Annabelle & Ella Alana


Welcome to world Pamella.
Here is now another piece of my heart running around
the outside of my body & I trust in the Lord

to take care of you in every way better than I can.



I love you honey.









































No comments:

Post a Comment