6/18/15

Bump date: Week 40 + A letter to Ella

My dearest little Ella, June 16th was officially your due date. Over the last few days I have thought your arrival was coming so much sooner than later but, here we are, still pregnant and you seem to be fine with that. I have enjoyed being pregnant with you so much, and I will never forget feeling you inside my womb, but my arms are ready to hold you now. I can't wait to hold you and smell your sweet new baby smell. To hold you and give every ounce of the glory to our heavenly daddy. To see your face and know your beauty. Oh what a beautiful moment it will be. I have always liked the color purple for you and have been seeing much more of it in the last few days. Purple flowers, purple clothes, purple cars, nearly purple everything and I keep wondering if maybe this means  you are coming soon. In these last few days and hours I have soaked up the last moments of our family of 3 and prepared my heart to become a family of four. I have imagined your daddy holding you bundled in his strong and protective arms, or your sister rubbing your cheeks and telling you just how soft you are. I lay in bed and secretly wait for contractions to begin, I wait for that feeling of "she is coming" and heading off to the hospital to meet you. Know my dear child that you are loved, and so greatly wanted and cherished. I am so thankful that Jesus chose me to be your mommy. A job I promise to never take lightly.
So, as for today I will continue to wait for you with my purple nails, special for you, and enjoy you in my tummy. But hey...come see me ok. :)
Love, Mommy at 40 weeks & 2 days




Bump date: Week 40


How far along: 40 weeks baby! A whopping 10 months.

How big is baby: The size of a watermelon.

Belly button: Out.

Total weight gain: 37+ pounds.

Sleep: I.cant.get.comfortable.to.save.my.life! 


Movement: staying consistent.


Maternity clothes: Still trying my best to stretch all my regular clothes into fitting this gigantic bump, or wearing Troy's clothes. 

Gender: Girl

Best moment this week: Reaching my estimated due date...and then passing it slowly waving goodbye. I am just sitting on pins and needles waiting for her. Trying some natural "Inducing labor" tricks and so far nothing seems to be working. I guess she is pretty comfortable. I had my "possibly" last doctors appointment on Wednesday and am scheduled to return Friday at 1pm for an ultrasound if labor hasn't started on its own. They will check all her fluids and what not to ensure it's safe for her to continue on the inside throughout the weekend. Otherwise we will discuss possible induction. 

Looking forward to: Meeting this baby one way or another, sooner than later. 




Ella at 40 weeks gestation.
I love you baby girl.






























































No comments:

Post a Comment