9/11/13

Remembering 9-11

Today marks another year.
Another year from when tragedy struck our home.
Our backyard.
Our place of comfort.

I was pretty young when 9-11 happened. I would be turning 10 a few weeks after.
At the time I wasn't sure about what happened other than seeing lots of commotion on the TV.
I didn't go to school that day.
And... my brother in-laws birthday is today.
That is all I can remember from the day the Twin Towers were hit.


Today.
9-11-13
I will be turning 22 in a few weeks.
After watching many documentaries on the event I can say it has gripped my heart.
So many thoughts rush through my head and emotions flood my body...and to think..I didn't even know anyone in the towers personally.
I can only imagine how those who did lose someone are feeling.

I think to myself.
Why?
Why to so many things involved in that situation.
I know as a fellow American I will never forget what took place here in America, Land of the Free and Home of the Brave.
Those men and women both in the tower that day and those that came to rescue and help were true Heroes.
They were Brave.
Those who were stuck innocently on a plane that took a deadly turn.
They were Brave.
They were Heroes.

For this reason and numerous more, I want to teach my daughter to be Kind. I want to teach her to be gentle, loving, Heroic, sweet, pleasant, courageous, God fearing, and patient.
I want her to Love others.
I know that if I want to teach her that, then that is what I must model.
And the best way I can do that is by making sure I seek God with all my being.
I need Him.
I need Him to help me teach her and to continue teaching me.


So today, when you are at work, with your babies, with your wife or husband or family, when you're driving, waiting in line or having a conversation, be patient.
Take a breath.
You never know what the person next to you has or is going through or what they are about to face.
Smile, Love and show grace.

Maybe you will be the only person who shows them that.


And
Never
Forget
9-11-01


























How are you doing today?
















2 comments:

  1. Love that you will teach your daughter to be kind, that's something important for me to instill in Sofia as well!

    Megan
    Hello Newlywed Life Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to hear you will be too.
      It is an important quality.

      Delete