5/16/13

Apple Chips

Katie Belle,
The last few days have been long, busy and just out right tiring! That would make sense to why you are asleep here next to me while I type this. ;)
On Tuesday we took a fun trip to the grocery store where we bought some pretty cool foods. We got a coconut, papaya, pineapple, cucumbers, and more. You did a great job and I was so proud of all the patience you showed. I attempted to create a papaya smoothie when we got home and boy oh boy was that a terrible idea. It smelt so bad in my opinion but I would love for you to try papaya when you get older. You just might love it, and hey if you do, great! It has tons of health benefits.
Well after that we created some delicious Apple chips. This is how we made them...
I preheated the oven to 225 degrees and sat you in the bouncer while you watched me bop around the kitchen getting ready to cook. You looked so cute!




I sliced a green apple into thin slices and placed them on a cookie sheet.
I then sprinkled them with cinnamon sugar and placed them in the oven on the middle
rack for 1 hour.


We played, nursed and you napped while they cooked for the first hour.
When the hour was up, I flipped the chips and stuck them back in the oven for another hour.
During this time you had fun playing with cousin Lily and walking around the house with me.
Finally the chips are done!!


To close the day you had some much needed and tremendously fun daddy daughter time.

hmmm..where did daddy go?


Oh! There he is!


Way to be a rock star baby! You are such a trooper.

No comments:

Post a Comment