4/21/15

Bump date: 8 months

I had my 32 week appointment this morning and it went really well. This time the eldest child had to join me and surprisingly did a really good job. I usually try to get a babysitter for Katie during my visits only because she used to freak out seeing me at the doctors office. She must have thought they were torturing me or something. Well this time she had to tag along and she did fabulous. I think learning about how to give a urine sample was her favorite part haha! Everything seems to be measuring right on track with my little babe and I couldn't be more thankful. It's becoming more and more real that a new bundle of love will be in my arms instead of my tummy very, very soon. I find myself awakened in the middle of the night thinking like "Holy cow..uhhh..I'm having another kid!" I am so excited...but it also makes me feel nauseous in complete honesty. Ha
Here is the newest set of information on the pregnancy. 


How far along: 32 weeks today. 

How big is baby: 17 inches & around 4 pounds.


Belly button: Out. I also seem to be noticing just a few new stretch marks but nothing terrible. It's also something that isn't unexpected. I got them with my last pregnancy and knew they would show up this time too.


Total weight gain: Dude, umm...23 pounds. I was kind of shocked to hear that number but everyone else seems to be super happy with it so it's good with me. Plus that means it was totally ok for me to eat everything I did over the last two weeks. ;)

Sleep: I love sleep. Seriously L.O.V.E it. But, I'm not sure it loves me back all that much. I have been having a really hard time catching my breath when I'm laying down so that tends to keep me awake. I also can't seem to shut off my brain so I spend like 40 minutes thinking of everything I need to do or should do until I can actually doze off.


Maternity clothes: All I can say is that some new maternity clothes are desperately being needed. I don't know how much more my husband will graciously tolerate me wearing his clothes instead of my own. lol. With the baby shower approaching soon I hope to go shopping for a new outfit or two. Maybe some maternity shorts?

Movement: Ella is one strong baby, she moves and rolls around a whole lot with a bunch of power.


Symptoms/Labor signs: No actual labor signs but a few braxton hicks contractions. I have no idea how to really notice these but my midwife says from the info I have given her that I have probably experienced a few. I also am dealing with a little bit of round ligament pain so that stinks. It can definitely make it hard to walk at times. Other than that everything else is the same. My heartburn has seemed to calm down a little bit so that is definitely appreciated.

Gender: Princess Ella.

Best moment this week: Katie stopped her antibiotics on Saturday so that was a relief. It's been really nice having everyone in our home feeling well and being active. Fingers crossed that none of us get sick again anytime soon.

Looking forward to: The baby shower! My dear friend Kaysha is planning it and I might just pee my pants with excitement (or from Ella pushing on my bladder). It will be so fun to be gathered with close family and friends to celebrate Ella and her soon arrival to our family. On another note I actually really enjoy my doctor visits so I am looking forward to going back on May 5th for my 34 week check up. 

Ella Alana at 32 weeks 


I also wanted to let you guys know that a post about Ella's name and the special meaning it holds in our family will be up very soon, so keep an eye out for it. 
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment